Frequently Asked Questions
Via the A8 Munich-Salzburg, after the border crossing follow the A1 (direction Vienna), take the Thalgau motorway exit. Coming from Munich keep right after the exit. Follow the road to ‚Hof‘. At the entrance to Hof, turn left at the roundabout in the direction of Fuschl, follow the main road to the entrance to Fuschl, turn left into the center of Fuschl am See.
Everyone who dares is invited: from relaxed to ambitious.
Registrations can only be accepted online. Link to register as a single starter, relay entries and/or visitors: https://my.raceresult.com/230456/registration
Please make sure that all participants – EVEN IN RELAYS – and all visitors, accompanying persons and children are registered.
The price per participant, visitor and accompanying person consists exclusively of a flat rate for the day catering and a donation share and is therefore to be paid by all people who will be on site. Exception: Children who are under 14 years of age on the reference date are free.
The Risk Man Triathlon consists of 3 athletic parts:
300 meters swimming, 21 kilometers cycling, 5 kilometers running
The start will be on 13th may, 2023 at 11:00 a.m.
Depending on your level of fitness, you should calculate about 2 hours for the competition.
Swimming will be at the Fuschlseebad. Change area and finish will be in the center of Fuschl am See.
There are no parking spaces directly at the competition site.
The next parking lot is at the Fuschlseebad, about 5-10 minutes walk away – from Hotel Jakob (subject to a parking fee).
We ask all guests of the Hotel Jakob to leave their car in the hotel car park and walk to the competition sites.
The award ceremony and celebration will take place in the ballroom (restaurant) at Hotel Jakob in Fuschl am See. The finisher party starts at around 6:00 p.m. The award ceremony is after the meal at around 8:00 p.m.
On Friday evening, 12th May 2023, the buffet will take place from 6:00 p.m. at Hotel Jakob. For Hotel Jakob guests, the buffet is already included in the Hotelpackage. External overnight stays are of course very welcome! The fee for the buffet for Friday evening (excluding drinks) is EUR 30.00.
The entry fee for the entire event is EUR 59.00 for everyone.
Children under the age of 14 are free.
The entry fee includes:
* the complete event, i.e. equipment with starting numbers, starter packages
* refreshments during the event
* closing ceremony
In addition, each participant will be awarded a non-cash prize by drawing lots – regardless of value and placement -, a certificate and a finisher shirt as part of the awards ceremony.
The entry fees cannot be paid back even in the event of cancellation. Of course, anyone who has to cancel or cannot participate can pass their starting place on to friends or colleagues. In this case, a email message to firstname.lastname@example.org is required.
Time tracking is done electronically, including split times.
In the interests of the environment and recycling, we ask that you voluntarily return the chip to one of the return boxes in the finish area.
There is overall first, women’s and men’s individual, relay ranking. After completion of all finishes or after evaluation of the times, these can be called up at any time via our homepage and/or via https://my.raceresult.com/230456/registration .
Aids of any kind, such as fins, swimming gloves, auxiliary engines, etc. are prohibited and will lead to disqualification.
Rental bikes can be reserved via Hotel Jakob. All rental bikes are available for three days from Friday to Sunday inclusive at the absolute super bargain price of € 78.00 per rental bike. Bring your own pedals and shoes! “standard pedals” are avaliable.
For your reservation use the following link: https://hoteljakob.rentware.io/items/P481ED
After the race, the rental bikes can be returned to the Hotel Jakob bike garage.
HERE you will find all information about the equipment required for the competition.
For safety during the competition, marshals on the bike course , water rescue and the Red Cross are provided. Possible danger points will be pointed out again before the start. Irrespective of the fact that marshals will be placed at the danger points, we expressly point out that the Austrian Road Traffic Act is valid and must be observed.
We appeal, if only for safety reasons for each individual, not to ride in groups if possible. In the spirit of triathlon, everyone should do the work themselves and if possible not in the ’slipstream‘!
For safety reasons, we ask you to refrain from any kind of handlebar attachments (triathlon handlebars, horns attached to the sides, etc.). Under no circumstances may drinking bottles made of glass, aluminum or other material that cannot be driven over be carried on the bikes.
- ORDER + CLEANLINESS! We expressly point out that throwing away any rubbish on the routes is strictly prohibited. Every participant commits to absolute cleanliness.
- Helmets are compulsory on the entire bike route
- For safety reasons, we ask you to refrain from any kind of handlebar attachments
- Drinking bottles made of solid material that cannot be driven over are prohibited
- Each participant is responsible for suitable and weather-appropriate equipment
- The Austrian Road Traffic Act applies on the running and cycling route, riding next to each other and/or riding in large groups is prohibited
- The participants undertake to wear a helmet on the bike course and to comply with the Austrian Road Traffic Act and to pay attention to public traffic. Each participant takes part in the event at their own risk. Any liability of the organization team is excluded. The organizers and organizers accept no liability whatsoever for personal injury, property damage or financial loss, in the event of accidents, theft or other damage. The waiver of liability applies equally to the respective communities on whose soil we are located during the bike course.
Each participant is responsible for suitable equipment!
Each participant undertakes to sign this waiver of liability when receiving the starting number. For participants under the age of 18, the liability waiver must be signed by a legal guardian.